Saturday, August 2, 2008

Networking - building your referral database


Building your networking database is an ongoing part of your business development project.

This is one of projects that is never completed. Your prospecting database is always changing, your current client list is always changing. Your past clients list is always changing.

What strategies do you have in place to help you develop and refine your database?
What processes do you have in place to review and refine marketing efforts?

This does not have to be a huge undertaking - in fact if you schedule regular reviews it will just be a matter of tweeking here and there.

As you review you should be asking some basic questions.

Is the wording of my messages the bet they can be?
Is the topic of my message the best it can be?
How can I say this a different way?
Am I gathering the correct information?
Do I have my lists organized in the best way.

Can you overthink these things? Yes - it is an easy thing to do. But you should setup a review process for these important questions at least every 3 - 6 months. The more you build and develop your lists and the more experience you gain marketing efforts using your lists the better you will understand how to improrve on your processes.

I hope this information helps, I always welcome comments and subscribers.
(photo courtesy of Dominik Gwarek (kikashi)

No comments: